The Holmes Beach Police Department offers these reminders and tips to vacation rental guests in order to “be a good neighbor while visiting Holmes Beach” and to make sure you are not a victim of vehicle theft or break-ins:
- Noise curfew is from 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. Noise means any sound in quantities which interferes with the enjoyment of life or property, including outdoor recreation, honking of horns, whistles, operation of radios, phonographs, loudspeakers, amplifiers, equipment, and excessive and unnecessary noise caused by animals. (Any sound that annoys or disturbs humans.) First offense fine is up to $500, while the second and subsequent offense fines are no less than $1,000.
- Pets are not allowed on any Manatee County public beach except the beaches on Manatee Avenue between the mainland and the island.
- Glass bottles are not allowed on any Manatee County public beach.
- Open fires are not allowed on Manatee County public beach.
- Lock your car and carry your keys with you. Don’t keep an extra key “hidden” anywhere on the car, thieves know where to look.
- When away from the car keep all valuables in your trunk, not in view.
- If your car’s cigarette lighter is visible from the outside of the car, keep the cigarette lighter in it. If a criminal looks into your vehicle and sees a missing cigarette lighter they may think that you use some type of power adapter such as a GPS unit or cell phone.
- Suction cup marks on your dash or window provide clues to thieves that you may have a GPS unit or other valuable device in your vehicle.
- Look for any ‘No Parking’ signs in front and behind your car when you park.
- NEVER leave your pet(s) unattended in your car, even for a short time.
In addition, the following are some Holmes Beach regulations that may be helpful to know when visiting the island:
- It shall be unlawful for any person to remove sand or shell from any beach area within the corporate limits of the city.
- Any person operating a golf cart on streets within the city must hold a valid driver’s license in the state of their residency. The operation of a golf cart upon the streets of the city is permitted on all streets within the city EXCEPT on any street which has a designated speed limit of 35 miles per hour or higher including: State Road 64 (Manatee Avenue); State Road 789 (East Bay Drive); Gulf Drive (north of SR 64); Palm Drive; and Marina Drive, (from Gulf Drive to Palm Drive). However, golf carts may cross Gulf, Palm and Marina Drives from approved streets.
- No person shall sleep or camp upon the beaches, parks, parking lots or unattended property within the city from one-half hour after sunset to one-half hour before sunrise, either inside or outside of any type of shelter, vehicle, bedroll, blanket or other protective garb.
View more about Holmes Beach or Manatee County code enforcement