Anna Maria Life Vacation Rental Terms and Conditions
Anna Maria Life Vacation Rentals (d/b/a Anna Maria Island Life Inc.) is the acting Agent and represents the Property Owner of the vacation rental, which is privately owned. The Property Owner is proud of their rental property and furnishings. It is understood that the rental property is to be used, but not damaged or neglected.
Guest agrees to the charges listed and acknowledges having read and understands the management policy on the following pages of this document.
1. Check-In / Check-Out: Check-in begins at 4:00 p.m. EST on the date included in the Rental Agreement. Check-out time is 10:00 a.m. EST to ensure the property is properly cleaned prior to the arrival of the next guest. Rate adjustments cannot be made for late check-in or early departure. Late check-outs will incur a $75 fee, charged to the Guest's credit card on file.
2. Pets: Some AMLVR rental properties are pet-friendly and designated as such on the individual property's webpage. If the Guest reserves a pet-friendly property, and plans to bring a pet, AMLVR must be notified at the time of reservation and a non-refundable $150 plus tax per pet fee will be applied to the Rental Agreement. Any guest who brings a pet to a pet friendly home but fails to notify AMLVR in advance of arrival and or fails to pay the pet fee of $150 per pet plus tax the guest will be charged a non-notice pet fee of $200.00. If the Guest has an animal in a non-pet-friendly property, the Guest will need to vacate the rental property immediately and forfeit all previous payments for that particular stay. In this situation, AMLVR will attempt to relocate the Guest to a pet-friendly property, if available. The Guest will be responsible for all incurred costs resulting from the relocation, including a pet fee, and returning the property to its original condition, if applicable. If a guest brings a pet into a non-pet friendly home and it does not come to AMLVR’s attention until after the guest leaves, there will be a non-notice pet fee charged to the card on file for up to $500 and no less than $300.
3. Smoking: Smoking is prohibited in all AMLVR rental properties. If the Guest does smoke, they can do so outdoors but are responsible for discarding all smoking debris appropriately. Any residual signs of smoking indoors, or smoking debris outdoors, will incur additional charges up to $500 depending on the severity and the Guest’s credit card on file will be charged.
4. Travel Insurance: Travel insurance is available upon request and is provided through Generali Global Assistance (GGA). It is non-taxable and can be added to the Rental Agreement at the time of reservation. The travel insurance plan is effective the day payment is received and only those individuals listed on the Rental Agreement will be covered by the travel insurance plan. Travel insurance is in addition to the required Damage Protection Plan (see Damage Protection Plan). To protect against the loss of rental payment, including down payment, travel insurance is strongly recommended. Questions concerning travel insurance should be directed to GGA at 800-999-4018 or on GGA's website at www.vacationrentalinsurance.com.
5. Down Payment: At the time of reservation, a down payment equal to 25% of the base rental rate and the Security Deposit Waiver fee or $250, whichever is greater, is due. The Guest is required to place a credit card on file at the time of booking to secure the reservation. AMLVR accepts VISA, MasterCard, and Discover. Reservations made within 60 days of arrival require payment made in-full at the time of reservation.
6. Administrative Fee: A non-refundable Administrative Fee is added to each reservation.
7. Security Deposit Waiver Fee: In lieu of collecting for a refundable security deposit ranging from $1000 - $1500, a Security Deposit Waiver (SDW) fee is automatically included in the reservation fee at the time of booking. The SDW fee is non-refundable. If during the Guest's stay, any damage to real or personal property of a unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the guest will be held responsible for the cost of replacing and or fixing damages. If the Guest does not wish to pay the SDW, a $1000 refundable security deposit will be added to the Guest’s Rental Agreement. See Security Deposit for more information.
8. Security Deposit: Each property requires protection against damages in excess of normal wear and tear. If the Guest chooses to opt out of the non-refundable SDW, a refundable $1000-$1500 Security Deposit will be added automatically to the Guest’s Rental Agreement. The security deposit will be due 60 days prior to the Guest’s arrival date. AMLVR reserves the right to withhold any or all of the security deposit for a period of up to 14 days after the Guest’s departure date to allow for inspection of the rental property. Under this option, if during the Guest's stay, a person causes any damage to real or personal property of a unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Security Deposit will be used to cover the cost of repair or replacement of such property and any remaining monies will be refunded to the Guest within 21 days. If damages exceed the amount paid for the Security Deposit, the Guest’s credit card on file will be charged to cover the full cost of repair or replacement and no refund will be issued.
9. Taxes: Vacation rental properties are subject to Florida’s state and local resort tax totaling 12% (7% State and 5% Local).
10. Final Payment: Balance of all fees is due 60 days PRIOR TO arrival. Forms of payment accepted are cash, check, e-check, money order, and debit/credit card. Checks and money orders should be made payable to Anna Maria Life Vacation Rentals. Wire Transfers are accepted with a charge of $50.00 per wire. If you chose to pay any part of your balance over the phone with a credit or debit card, or E-Check, a 3% Convenience fee will be assessed. If payment is not received 60 days prior to the arrival date of this agreement, AMLVR has the right to charge your credit card on file with the addition of the 3% convenience fee.
AMLVR reserves the right to use your credit card to fund any unpaid fees, fines or damages to the property. Any checks submitted regardless of date will be processed the day of receipt and any bank fees incurred will be the responsibility of the guest. PLEASE NOTE: Due to strict Anna Maria Island noise ordinance laws, fines can exceed $500 per confirmed violation. Please be sure to abide by our strict noise ordinance after 10pm EST.
11. Cancellation Policy: Payment of reservation deposit is considered to be acceptance of cancellation terms regardless of the signature status of the rental agreement. Cancellations made by the guest outside of 60 days of scheduled arrival, will receive a refund of monies paid minus $200.00 processing fee. Cancellations made by the guest 60 days or less prior to scheduled arrival are subject to AMLVR’s ability to re-rent the accommodation. If the home is re-rented for the scheduled time of the stay, AMLVR will issue a refund in the amount of the rate we were able to re-rent the property for, minus $200.00 processing fee. We do not make any sort of guarantee that we will be able to rent the property for what was paid originally or at all. There will be no refund if the home is not re-rented for the time originally scheduled. In the event of a Guest's no-show or early departure, collected monies will NOT be refunded unless AMLVR can subsequently rent the property for the entire cancelled period. If AMLVR successfully rents the property, all monies collected, less a $200 cancellation fee, will be refunded. In the event the Guest cannot fulfill the Rental Agreement, no subletting or assignment by the Guest is allowed without prior written consent from AMLVR. Should AMLVR need to cancel the reservation for any reason, the guest shall incur no fees and a full refund of all monies collected by AMLVR will be refunded.
12. Inclement Weather: AMLVR nor the Property Owner can be held responsible for inclement weather and or red tide accordingly, refund of rental monies is not required. Should a hurricane or tropical storm threaten the area, the National Hurricane Center and local governing officials will announce evacuation procedures. In the event of a voluntary evacuation (the Guest decides on their own to leave), AMLVR nor the Property Owner is required to provide a refund. If a Mandatory Evacuation order is given for our area, refunds will only be given by CSA Travel Protection if the Guest has purchased coverage before the storm was named. Please see Travel Protection Insurance.
13. Construction Policy: When the local authorities or property owners engage in construction to their properties and or the land they own, they are not required to notify any vacation rental company to inform us of the construction plans. They are required to only work within certain hours; typically, 7am – 5pm. This does fluctuate depending on the ordinance rules of your location. In the event construction should occur in the proximity of the Guest’s rental property before or after a reservation is confirmed and/or during the Guest’s stay, AMLVR cannot be held responsible for any inconvenience this may pose. All such activity is governed by ordinances of the island municipalities and strictly enforced.
14. Cleaning Fee: All AMLVR rental properties are cleaned to quality standards, including sanitizing, vacuuming, dusting, and up to three (3) loads of laundry, prior to and after the Guest's stay. A cleaning fee, based on the property's size and amenities, is automatically included in the reservation fee at the time of booking. During their stay, the Guest is responsible for the cleanliness of the property. In addition, if the Guest uses an outdoor grill, they are responsible for cleaning it and leaving it in a usable condition for the next guest. Daily housekeeping is not included in the Rental Agreement; however, AMLVR can assist in arrangement of the service, upon the Guest's request. The Guest is responsible for all fees associated with the daily housekeeping service and must submit payment at the time of scheduling. Upon the Guest’s departure, if the property is left in a condition that requires excessive cleaning, an additional fee will be charged to the Guest's credit card on file up to $500. Depending on the severity of the cleaning.
15. Linens: All AMLVR rental properties are furnished with an appropriate amount of linens and towels, with most also equipped with beach towels. Most properties are enrolled in a professional linen program and linen fee is charged accordingly. Prior to check-in, AMLVR completes an inventory of linens and towels. Upon check-out, AMLVR will do the same inventory. In the event of a discrepancy, an additional fee will be charged to the Guest's credit card on file. Amount charged with be in accordance of what is missing; up to $300 if necessary.
16. Keys & Remote Controls: On the day of departure, the guest is responsible for leaving any and all keys and remotes that were in the home at check in. Failure to do so will incur a $50 Recovery Fee per key and $100 per remote or pool FOB missing charged to the Guest's credit card on file.
17. Pools, Spas & Pool Features: Pools that are heated are kept at approximately 80 degrees. AMLVR is not responsible for pool, spa, or pool feature malfunctions, but will do everything possible to make sure all are maintained and working properly. No credit, discount, and/or rate adjustment will be granted for pool, spa, or pool feature malfunctions, or for circumstances beyond AMLVR’s control. NOTE: If the ambient temperature falls below 60 degrees F for more than 5 hours, the pool heater may not function and may even switch off. Pool heaters operate ONLY when the pool pump is running. Residential pools typically run 6-8 hours per day only. If additional heat is requested by a guest, and the owner of the house agrees to allow this request, there is a $100 fee per week. This will be charged to the card AMLVR has on file for your reservation. Pools will be cleaned at least once per week and the schedules vary. Because there are no lifeguards, monitors, or other attendants at the pool, spa, or pool features, the Guest is expressly responsible for their own safety, as well as family members and guests, while using the pool, spa, pool features or other recreation facilities and in so using or permitting to be used, specifically waives any and all liability claims, expressed or implied, against AMLVR, Property Owner, or the Condominium/Homeowners Association. No Guest shall permit any juvenile to play in or around any pool, spa, pool features or other recreation facilities without providing an attendant who is able to protect such juvenile in case of difficulty in or around the water. Guests are specifically prohibited from playing on or around or allowing their families or guests to play on or around, decorative rock or water features that may be associated with pool/patio areas, as such features are not designed for such use and may be dangerous or unstable.
18. Occupancy: Please remember that AMLVR must adhere to all city ordinances, one of them being occupancy limits. All AMLVR rental properties have different maximum occupancy. Large gatherings are not permitted on the premises under any circumstances. If the occupancy exceeds the property’s limitations, it will result in the Guest’s immediate eviction, and loss of all monies collected, including down payment, and damage protection deposit. There is a 10 O'clock noise ordinance on the entire island. If police are called due to noise ordinance during your stay, guest will be responsible for any fines levied for the disturbance.
19. Amenities: All AMLVR rental properties are individually owned and the décor reflects that of the Property Owner. AMLVR does its best to provide an accurate description of the individual property’s amenities but cannot be held responsible if the Guest is dissatisfied with the accommodations.
20. Maintenance: The Guest must notify AMLVR of any maintenance request as soon as possible. AMLVR will expedite repairs as quickly as possible. Some requests may require outside vendors to repair and/or replace equipment. If an outside vendor finds the equipment is not working due to Guest misuse, oversight, or negligence, the Guest will be responsible for incurred service charges. No rent adjustments will be made for circumstances beyond AMLVR control or for malfunction or loss of use of equipment or amenities. The Guest agrees to allow AMLVR employees, vendors, contractors, or subcontractor’s access to the rental property to make necessary repairs or improvements.
21. Internet Service: Almost all AMLVR rental properties offer wireless high-speed internet service. However, due to various personal computer configurations, AMLVR can only guarantee that the service is available from the provider. AMLVR does not have the expertise to configure computers to accommodate the service. AMLVR will do its best to assist the Guest, but will not be held responsible, or issue a refund, if the Guest is unable to use the service due to lack of ability to connect to the guest’s devices.
22. Telephone Charges & Pay per view Movies: In all AMLVR rental properties equipped with a telephone, local calls are free of charge. Depending on the Property Owner's telephone plan, free long distance may be available. Most of AMLVR homes have disabled the ability to purchase any pay per view movies or shows. However, if a guest does purchase any type of programming, the guest is liable for that payment. AMLVR reserves the right to charge a guest’s credit card on file appropriately if there are any charges for such items on the owner of the homes cable bill that were incurred during the guests stay.
23. Parking: Most AMLVR rental properties have limited parking available. Therefore, recreational vehicles (RVs), boats, motor homes, trucks, trailers, etc. are not permitted without prior written approval by AMLVR.
24. Condominium/Homeowners Associations: The Guest shall abide by all applicable rules, restrictions, and regulations that may now, or hereafter, apply, including, but not limited to, provisions of the Condominium/Homeowners Association’s declarations, bylaws, rules, and regulations. The Guest shall not permit any disturbing noises in the building, nor interfere with the right, comfort, or convenience of other occupants of the condominium building or complex. The Guest will not be permitted occupancy until a completed Association application is submitted and approval is obtained, for which the Guest may be required to pay a Screening Fee assessed by the Association.
25. Items Left On-Site: Neither AMLVR nor the Property Owner will be held responsible for items left in a rental property. If AMLVR or the Property Owner is requested to retrieve, and mail items left on-site, the Guest will be responsible for any incurred fees, including shipping charges.
26. Substitution of Accommodations: In the event a reserved rental property becomes unavailable due to circumstances beyond AMLVR’s control, AMLVR reserves the right to substitute a comparable property at its discretion. If a similar property is not available, monies paid will be refunded.
27. Properties for Sale: If a reserved rental property is for sale, it may be necessary for AMLVR or a licensed real estate agent to show the property during the Guest's occupancy. In this case, the Guest will agree to showings with a 24-hour notice to adjust their schedule accordingly. Be assured, AMLVR will make every attempt to schedule a showing at a time that is convenient for the Guest. There will be a limit of 3 showings per week.
28. First Right of Refusal: The Guest reserving a property for 28 days or more has a first right of refusal on the property they are currently renting for the following year. The Guest is fully responsible for notifying AMLVR of their desire to reserve the same property within five (5) days of their current arrival. However, AMLVR has no control over any owner bookings that may interfere with a first right of refusal.
29. Indemnity: The Guest indemnifies AMLVR and the Property Owner from and against any and all liability, loss damage and expense, including reasonable attorney fees and disbursements arising from injury to persons or damage to rental property; occasioned by the failure of the Guest to comply with any provision of law or this agreement; occasioned by any willful act of omission of the Guest or any person residing in or renting Owner’s property; with the exception of such acts or commissions constituting negligence or willful misconduct of AMLVR, its agents, servants, or contractors when acting as agent for the Property Owners as provided herein. Special risks may be involved when using pools, spas, or pool features and the Guest assumes all responsibility for themselves and their guests and for the consequences of those at risk. The Guest agrees to waive any claim whatsoever and hold harmless AMLVR and the Property Owner for accidents and claims resulting from accidents and or injury arising from use of the rental property and any of its equipment, porches, decks, stairs, parking area, elevators, common area, pool, spas, pool features, etc. The Guest agrees to reimburse the Property Owner for any fine or penalty which may be imposed upon the Property Owner by any court or by the Condominium/Homeowners Association, and municipality by reason of any violation upon the premises through the use thereof, or fault of the Guest herein, his agents or servants.
30. Radon Gas: Radon gas is a naturally occurring radioactive gas that, when accumulated in a building in sufficient quantities may present health risks to persons who are exposed to it over time. Levels that exceed Federal and State guidelines have been found in buildings in Florida. Additional information regarding Radon Gas and Radon testing may be obtained from the Manatee County Health Unit http://www.doh.state.fl.us/chdmanatee.
31. Agency Disclosure: Pursuant to Florida Statutes Chapter 475, the Guest is hereby notified that in connection with the property rented by this firm, AMLVR, the Agent for the Property Owner, is being compensated as such by the Property Owner. The Guest acknowledges that this written notice was given and is understood, prior to signing a Rental Agreement, in compliance with all applicable Florida Statutes.
32. Infectious Diseases: Each rental property is cleaned before the Guest arrives. However, AMLVR and the Property Owner cannot guarantee that infectious viruses and diseases will be completely eliminated by cleaning, or that infectious diseases and viruses are not brought to the property during the Guest’s occupancy. The Guest agrees that AMLVR and the Property Owner are not responsible for any infectious diseases or viruses contracted during the Guest’s occupancy, and the Guest agrees to hold AMLVR and the Property Owner harmless from any loss, damage, or injury suffered by the Guest as a result of an infectious disease or virus which may be contracted while the Guest is staying in the property.
33. Governmental Closures: Certain circumstances may arise where the local, state, or federal government limits, prohibits, or restricts occupancy of the rental property. Any such governmental restrictions cannot be anticipated or controlled by AMLVR or the Property Owner, and AMLVR and the Property Owner shall not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred by a Guest as a result of such governmental action. Depending on the circumstances surrounding the governmental action, AMLVR may offer the Guest an opportunity to reschedule their visit to the rental property, if it is available, or another similar rental property. If the Guest elects to reschedule their visit, the rental rate will be adjusted to the greater of the rate agreed to by the Guest for the cancelled stay or the rate for the rental property for the rescheduled dates. If the Guest’s stay is not rescheduled, all payments received from the Guest will be refunded less the $200.00 cancellation fee.